Hydroponics benefits of using the CALCLEAR system
The CALCLEAR Computerised Water Conditioning System delivers commercial quantities of treated water that has all the properties of soft water and charged in such a way that it will progressively and permanently de-scale irrigation systems, drips, nozzles, pumps, heater elements and any other equipment connected to the treated water supply.
It works by neutralising the bonds that allow minerals contained in the water supply to combine with each other to form crystals or combine with any other mineral or surface.
This process results in all minerals contained in the flow being Recent scientific researchby Suntec Hydroponic Consultants, has proved beyond any doubt that CALCLEAR treated water provides significant growing benefits, particularly in Hydroponics which will lead to IMPROVED CROP QUALITY AND MARKETABILITY.
This appears to be due to the unique ability of the CALCLEAR system to …
- Breakdown all mineral crystals into a form readily taken up by the plants (particularly of Calcium).
- Flush out debris from root capillaries and xylem tissues that would otherwise block up and starve the plants of essential nutrients. (This appears to de-stress the plants and enable them to cope more easily with a fluctuating growing environment).
- Change undesirable minerals such as salt into a non crystalline form which no longer seem toxic to the plants.
- De-scale and keep scale free the entire water circulation and reduce algae formation
Thus far CALCLEAR has …
- Significantly reduced the incidence of tipburn
- Produced bigger healthier plants
- Increased leaf Calcium levels of harvest
- Prolonged shelf life
- Produced stronger cell walls to deter insect mites
- Assisted in mixing nutrients in RO water for enhanced uptake
- Transpiration accelerated to leaf tips and flowering
- Reduced bitter taste component
- Improved colour in red lettuce varieties
- Removed algae from roots and growing channels
- Enhanced nutrient uptake
- Enabled commercial crops to be grown in bore water previously considered unsuitable for hydroponic production
- Reduce incidence of premature bolting
- Increased Brix (sugar) levels and taste in tomatoes
John Murphy doesn’t need to clean 36,000 drippers any more.
Murphy Fresh uses a CALCLEAR Water Conditioner.
Save Time + $$$$$$$$$
The first of a series of trials using the CALCLEAR system to treat hydroponic lettuce, carried out by Suntec, have now been completed. The results were considered scientifically significant enough for Suntec to publish their findings in the Jan 1999 edition of Practical Hydroponics and Greenhouses.
The implications and potential benefits for hydroponic production are there for all to see and are briefly summarised below. For the full story of the research click here.
Further trials are under way to confirm that the benefits to lettuce production can be realised in other plants, including fruiting varieties such as tomatoes and strawberries. Thus far, the researched benefits of the CALCLEAR system are as follows:
- To change mineral crystals into mineral particles of 4 microns or less.
- To flush out root capillaries and xylem tissue.
- Make calcium into a form easily taken up by the plants.
- To improve transpiration throughout the plant.
- Significantly reduces the incidence of tipburn (both internal and external).
- Reduces the incidence of premature bolting.
- Enhances the colour component of red lettuce varieties.
- Enhances nutrient uptake.
- Significantly reduces bitter taste component.
- Increased fresh weight.
- Prolonged shelf life.
- Removal of algae from root systems and growing channels.
- The ability to produce commercial crops from bore water supplies previously considered to be unsuitable for hydroponic production.